Micronet has more than three decades of experience in the development, manufacture, and marketing of mobile computing platforms for integration into ﬂeet management and mobile workforce management solutions.
Our products have been adopted by leading global Telematics Service Providers and Mobile Workforce Management providers who require highly versatile, innovative, and reliable in-cab platforms as part of their solution. Built to withstand the harsh environmental conditions of commercial vehicles, our products help reduce the Total Cost of Ownership.
We have a need for a full-time Solution Development Lead within our Azor, Israel office.
Position Title: QA Team Leader
Reports to: VP R&D
Areas of Responsibility
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing QA personnel and quality assurance activities of Micronet’s products.
- Review and evaluate software testing tools and services for applicability to in-house needs
- Devise improvements to current QA processes and procedures and implement ongoing improvements to support release quality, reliability and schedule objectives.
- Provides vision, leadership, and framework to identify needs, resolve issues, and align quality assurance and requirements strategies with business goals.
- Oversee the definition and execution of end-to-end testing and requirements strategies.
- Provide technical consulting on projects and tasks within the QA team scope of work
- Provide QA oversight and guidance for system validation activities such as development of requirements, test plans, test cases and test scripts definition, as well as operation and performance qualification.
- Suggest and implement automation testing for hardware and software products.
- Setup, perform and manage integration and alpha testing activities.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in embedded software and hardware analysis / design / validation including 2 years in a management/supervisory position.
- Strong technical understanding of embedded/ hardware as well as client-server technologies, including basics of electronics, radio and networking.
- Good knowledge of Android operating system layers and Android systems testing.
- Familiarity with automotive system environment and standards
- Ability to read a basic electronic schematic and ability to use electronic measurement equipment
- Experience in bug trackers and test management tools administration and maintenance
- Skills in QA tests planning, project management and problem solving.
- Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to travel as needed.