Micronet has more than three decades of experience in the development, manufacture, and marketing of mobile computing platforms for integration into ﬂeet management and mobile workforce management solutions.
Our products have been adopted by leading global Telematics Service Providers and Mobile Workforce Management providers who require highly versatile, innovative, and reliable in-cab platforms as part of their solution. Built to withstand the harsh environmental conditions of commercial vehicles, our products help reduce the Total Cost of Ownership.
We have a need for a full-time Embedded Linux/Android Developer.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of Embedded Linux kernel drivers and Android internals
- Integration of kernel and android layers.
- Review and good understanding of HW design with emphasis on possible software implications.
- Perform and manage integration with ODM’s releases, with ability to review and improve their changes.
- Design and improve the testing capabilities of proprietary kernel drivers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to learn new environments, technologies, and products
- Team player with excellent communication skills, including good writing skills
- Strong focus and commitment to the quality of his team’s deliverables
- System level view and understanding
- Effective at working with remote stakeholders and peers
- Developing embedded mobile with at least 3 years of experience
- Deep understanding of Android internals/Kernel. Experience with embedded Linux drivers – at least 3 years- A Must
- Solid understanding of Android architecture, experience with Android Java and JNI – at least 3 years.
- Experienced with C/C++, bash and other Linux shell scripting
- Experience with software development methodology.
- Experienced with Automotive technologies
- Knowable with Android certification GMS, GTS, CTS processes
- Knowledge Android OTA
- Experience with GIT source control
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with Texas Instruments, Freescale based SOMs
- Experience with server-side development
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / SW Engineering, or equivalent.