We are an established and innovative engineering and manufacturing company that specializes in rugged tablets and Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) for mission critical markets in the transportation/vehicle industry. We have been in business for several decades and remain an industry leader. We have a need for a full-time Embedded QA Engineer.
Areas of Responsibility
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Embedded QA Engineer’s primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- 55% Design, Develop, Test, Document and Maintain Test setups, Test scripts and Software Applications to Troubleshoot, Diagnose or Qualify software and hardware components of the tablets.
- 40% Maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications to provide product support and training to customers and partners.
- Understand field technology, systems, and applications to contribute to the support team in product training, troubleshooting and procedures.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Research, Identify, Develop, Document and Recommend corrective measures to address technical issues identified in the field or in-house.
- 5% Work closely with internal engineering teams to ensure that they are meeting the customers’ needs and be a liaison to the customer.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Escalate issues to management if problems have a common theme such as poor customer educational materials or a malfunction of a product.
- Provide feedback to management on ways to improve efficiency and customer experience based on experiences with troubleshooting issues.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate meeting requests by clients from different regions of the world (Australia, Europe , Asia)
- Other duties as assigned